2017 Commuter Challenge Results
Mount Royal Campus Commuter Challenge Community,
Thank you for being a part of Mount Royal's Commuter Challenge team! We appreciate your willingness to try something different for your commute June 4 - 10, 2017. Thank you also to Parking Services for pizza and ORSCE, IES, Facilities Management, Diversity and Human Rights, City of Calgary and Bike Calgary for their support.
Together 79 MRU participants commuted 4,848km
- Saving 348 litres of fuel
- Avoiding emitting 636kg of Greenhouse Gases
- and Burned 49,448 calories
Way to Go!
MRU’s best performing units:
- Students: 41 participants
- Facilities, Library, Faculty of Continuing Education: 4 participants each
- Wellness Services, Enrolment Services, Faculty of Health, Community and Education, Accessibility Services, Office of Research Scholarship and Community Engagement: 3 participants each
See more results at the official commuter challenge website!
Watch for details on campus regarding the Campus Commuter Challenge Fall 2017!
Please contact Donald Jantz if you have any questions or would like to talk about this event or our plans for future collaborations. Sustainable MRU has received growing interest in collaborations from on and off campus sustainability departments and organizations that are of interest to our students, staff and academics.
Alternative Transportation Options at Mount Royal Mount Royal strives to offer alternative transportation options and support including:
- Bike Lockers
- Carpooling Options
See the Parking & Transportation site for more details on how you can improve your commute and reduce your footprint!