Science and Technology Building Expansion
This 4,700 gross square metre, three-storey expansion houses a Learning Labs and Resource Hall for students in arts, science and technology.
The expansion will also feature a Tissue Culture Lab, Geology Hard and Soft Rock Labs, a Cell Lab, dark room, student study space, a Chemistry and an Anthropology/Archaeology Lab, a Research Lab, meeting rooms and faculty offices. The extension has been designed to meet LEED Silver standards.
Green features of the project include:
- Good access to public transportation
- A highly reflective roof to reduce cooling load
- Water efficiency landscaping system, carefully managed by a specialized Grounds Team
- Water-efficient plumbing fixtures
- CFC-free cooling systems
- 30% energy cost reduction over ASHRAE 90.1 baseline case
- Over 75% of construction waste was diverted to landfill
- Very high use of recycled content, regional materials and FSC-certified wood
- Use of low-emitting materials
- CO2 monitoring system