Transit Hub Construction
Construction this summer
Mount Royal University is building a new transit hub on the west side of campus.
This construction is to prepare for the completion of the West LRT line in 2013, when the number of Calgary Transit buses coming to Mount Royal will nearly double.
The transit hub will accommodate the increased number of buses and bus stops and will provide transit with its own loop on the west side of campus. It will feature a heated bus shelter, new lighting and new landscaping.
Construction will begin on June 18, 2012 with the closure of the West Gate entry road (between Short Term parking Lot 2 and Gated Lot 3).
Construction is expected to finish by mid-October, 2012.
Here's how construction will impact campus as the Fall semester begins:
- Bus detours are now in effect for routes 13, 72 and 73, which have been moved from the west ring road to Richardson Way SW. This means you will have a short walk from your bus stop to Mount Royal's main buildings.
- Bus stops on the east side of campus are not impacted by construction and remain the same.
- Installation of streetlights along the ring road will begin after Sept. 4 so it will be dark in the area and difficult to see. Please use caution, take another route, or contact SAFEWALK if you need to walk through the area after dark.
- The Recreation entrance is open during construction.
- The west side of Short Term Lot 2 is open during construction.
- A portion of Gated Lot 3 is closed throughout construction.
- The ring road in front of the West Gate Entrance will open to vehicles on Sept. 4.
- The drop-off zone at West Gate is permanently closed for safety reasons. To load or unload passengers, equipment or other items, use Lot 2, where stays shorter than 30 minutes are free.
Thank you for your patience during this important construction!
Back to top