C-Choices - Carpool Program
Carpool program benefits
How do I join?
A carpool consists of 2 or more people who regularly arrive on campus together, in one vehicle. The carpool program is open to all Mount Royal students and employees. Please review the Carpool Policy for program details.
A formal sign-up is required and a carpool permit must be purchased to gain access to carpool parking stalls. Application forms are available online or at the Parking Office. All carpool participants must be present at the Parking Office (picture ID will be required) to complete registration. Enrolling in the carpool program includes acceptance into Guaranteed Ride Home program.
Find rideshare partners for your carpool at Carpool.ca. It's free to sign up and you can match preferences such as gender or smoking in the vehicle.
In the event of a medical or family emergency and you are stuck on campus without a vehicle, the Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) program gives carpoolers a way to get home quickly and reliably. GRH is available only to registered carpoolers. A maximum of two rides per semester (up to four per year) is provided.
How do I get a Guaranteed Ride Home?
If you require a Guaranteed Ride Home, you must first come to the Parking Office to complete a short application form.
The carpooler is responsible for arranging a taxi ride and paying for the fare up front. An original receipt must be submitted to the Parking Office to be eligible for reimbursement.
Reimbursement of the ride is subject to a review of the application by Mount Royal Parking & Transportation Services.
The GRH program will only apply in the following situations:
- Illness or crises of the carpool participants or that of an immediate family member.
- If you become stranded on campus because the driver of your carpool had to leave because of an emergency. A change in the driver's schedule or an appointment does not constitute an emergency.
The GRH program will not apply in the following situations:
- Personal errands or pre-planned appointments
- Work-related travel
- Early departure or delays due to inclement weather
Inappropriate use of the GRH program will result in the loss of parking privileges.
Acceptable destinations for GRH service:
- Home or a destination related to the emergency
- Public transit connection point (e.g. Park and Ride lot)
- Hospital or doctor's office in the event of sudden illness
For details on other C-Choices programs: