Steps after you are registered as a student:
- Provide disability-related documentation:
- For example, a psychoeducational assessment from a registered psychologist or a letter from your physician.
- Book a conversation with an Access Advisor for one week later.
- We will review the documentation you have provided.
- Make a Semester Request before the start of each semester.
- Online request form
- Wait 2-4 business days for your request to be approved.
- Print your letters
- Meet with each of your Professors in person to privately discuss your accommodations. Arrange a one to one meeting or see them during their office hours (refer to each course outline for Professor contact information and office hours schedule).
- Obtain signatures from each Professor.
- Return the signed Professor Acknowledgement Form to us.
- Proceed to request your accommodated exams.
- Online exam seating request
Services for eligible students experiencing disabilities:
- Information for students transitioning from high school or transferring from another institution
- Assessment of needs based on documentation of disability
- Screening for learning disorders
- Assistance with applying for "Canada Student Loan for Students with Permanent Disabilities" grants
- Academic accommodation memos for Professors
- Accommodated exams
- Assistive technology assessment and supports
- Access supports coordination (note-takers, scribes, strategists, sign language interpreters)
- Information about campus accessibility (physical access)
- Mediation assistance
- Disability-related coaching
- Information about and referral to other student services
Links to campus support services
Talk to us about an accessibility concern at Mount Royal University