Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Access: all students have access to Mount Royal programs and services.
- Confidentiality: all diagnostic documentation about your disability remains confidential within Accessibility Services.
- Appeal: Access Advisors assess the documentation of disability provided by you and determine what academic accommodation(s) will be recommended. You have the right to appeal these recommendations.
- Pursue your studies with the same diligence required of all students and accept responsibility for your role in achieving program outcomes.
- Identify your specific needs to Accessibility Services.
- Provide relevant, corroborated, current medical, psycho-educational or psychological documentation to Accessibility Services.
- Each semester, meet with your Professors to provide them with a copy of your accommodation memos, discuss your accommodations, obtain each Professor's signature on the Professor Acknowledgement Form and return signed forms to Accessibility Services.
- If applicable, apply for funding for academic accommodation.
Talk to us about an accessibility concern at Mount Royal University