Plan for a future program
Successful admission to Mount Royal programs involves meeting the admission requirements as well as presenting a competitive average for admission to that program
Meet Admission Requirements
- Every MRU program has a list of specific courses that are required for admission to that program. These requirements can be found on each program’s individual home page under Admission Requirements & Costs.
- If you are missing an admission requirement, meeting it is your first priority.
Meet Competitive Average
- The number of credit courses you complete by June 30, 2018 will determine your admission category into a program.
- Your admission category determines which grades Mount Royal will use to calculate your competitive average.
This table explains how we determine your admission category and competitive average.
|Completes seven or fewer credit courses by June 30, 2019 (including transfer credit).||Completes seven or fewer credit courses by June 30, 2019 (including transfer credit). |
21 years of age or older by Sept.1, 2019.
|Completes four or more credit courses by Dec. 31, 2018 (including transfer credit) AND |
Completes eight or more courses by June 30, 2019.
|Competitive Average Calculation|
|Competitive average will be based on your top two "Grade A" High School subjects (or equivalents) completed by Dec. 31, 2018.||Competitive average will be based on your top two "Grade A" High School subjects (or equivalents) completed by Dec. 31, 2018.||Competitive GPA will be based on the four most recently completed credit courses by Dec. 31, 2018.|
- If you are missing admission requirements, register in these upgrading courses first.
- If you meet the minimum requirements, and you are a high school or mature applicant, but your competitive average is not high enough, consider upgrading your best Group A subject(s).
- For further information on academic upgrading courses, visit mtroyal.ca/upgrade
It is your responsibility to register in your courses and ensure that the courses you select meet the program and graduation requirements as outlined in the information above.
Use the online Interactive Course Search or the Academic Calendar to explore possible courses of interest and to check that you meet prerequisites. You will register for courses using the registration system found in mymru.ca, Register & Pay tab.
Email your questions to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help you. Visit our website at mru.ca/beadvised for information that will help you get off to a successful start to the year.