Get ready for September!
The transition from high school to university is one of the biggest changes you’ll ever make, and we are here to help. Our Welcome Guide will provide you with the following information to help you before you start your Mount Royal journey in September:
- How to register and pay for your courses.
- Explain what your program is made up of and how to navigate your academic life.
- Outline the many ways to fund your education.
- Explore campus life. University is more than books and exams.
- Whether you are living in Residence or commuting, Mount Royal has plenty of options to get to and from campus.
Check off the items below and you’ll be ready for a great start come September.
- Check my Advising Guide for the courses I need
- Register for courses/connect with my academic advisor
- Register for New Student Orientation
- Add the Academic Schedule/Critical Dates to my Google calendar
- Check out accessing government student loans/RESP’s
- Apply for Residence, there's still time!
- Get my parking pass on sale July 9
- Pay tuition before Aug.15 * Do not forget ! *
- Rent my locker through MyMRU Aug.13
- Get my campus card
- Pick up my U-Pass (if I'm a full-time student)
- Buy textbooks
- Update emergency contact information in MyMRU
- Open Studies Orientation Aug. 24
- Move into residence on Sept. 1
- Attend New Student Orientation on Sept. 4-5
- Go to class starting Sept. 6
- Get active at the Rec Centre (included in your fees)
- Activate or opt-out of my student health benefits