One-on-one / Small Group Appointments
Book a 30-minute appointment with a Writing & Learning Strategist to discuss:
- studying more efficiently
- creating a study schedule for final exams
- improving memory and concentration
- reducing test anxiety
- planning out a writing assignment
- writing with correct grammar and punctuation
- citing sources accurately
- You can come up to twice every week, but the appointments must be on different days.
- Writing a paper? We won't edit your paper, but we can help you learn how to edit effectively.
- Working on a group project? We can meet with small groups of up to 3 students.
- Appointments are available to all credit students plus students in Academic Upgrading, Massage Therapy and Academic English 3.
How to book
- online through MyMRU (Academic Success tab)
- in person in EL2100 (in the RLLC)
- by phone 403.440.6452
What to bring
Bring whatever materials are useful for the appointment:
- assignment instructions
- essay draft
- referencing guide
- sources(s) from research
Booking and Cancellation Policies
- Come up to twice per week, but your appointments must be on different days.
- Cancel or make changes up to 2 hours before your appointment, or it counts as a no-show. Give us as much notice as possible so we can serve other students.
- If you have 2 no-shows, you will be unable to book further appointments until the next semester.
- If you book 2 appointments for the same day or more than two appointments in a week, the later appointment(s) will be cancelled. You will be notified by email.
Can't get an appointment or
have a quick question?
Drop-in across from the Library Service Desk (**15 minutes max.**)
- Monday to Friday
- Note the new time! 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
- 1st come, 1st served
- Sign-up starts at 11:45 a.m. each day
- Bring the necessary materials (see Appointments)
- Have your questions/concerns ready