When will I be able to register?
New students who have received an offer of final or conditional admission may begin course registration on or after the first day of registration for new students, once the tuition deposit has been paid and the offer of admission has been accepted.
Processing of tuition deposits (including those paid online) may take up to two business days. Once the tuition deposit has been paid you may activate MyMRU, and then access Register & Pay> Register where you will register for classes.
We recommend that you contact your academic advisor prior to selecting your courses. Please note mandatory advising is required prior to registration for certain programs. Please refer to your admission package for further information.
- Academic Upgrading
- Bachelor of Arts
- Open Studies
- University Entrance Option
should contact Academic Advising Services to book an appointment with one of our academic advisors.
Students in all other programs should consult their Offer of Admission or "Get Advised" package for the contact information for their academic advisor. A listing of academic advisors can also be found on the Who is my advisor page.
Continuing students can register for courses online through MyMRU or in person at the Office of the Registrar. Continuing students are assigned a registration access date according to how many credits they have earned - check your date in MyMRU prior to the first day to register for continuing students.
If you are a current student who has applied and been accepted to a new program, you are required to pay the $425 tuition deposit before you will be eligible to register for courses in your new program.
Eligibility for reactivation
- Students who last attended Mount Royal in the Fall 2015 semester, and subsequent semesters, are permitted to interrupt their studies for a maximum of six consecutive semesters (including the Spring and Summer semesters). Use the chart below to determine if you are eligible for reactivation.
- Students who have interrupted their program for longer than the allowable absence and wish to return to the same program will be required to reapply for admission. Please note that applications for most programs are only accepted for the Fall Semester.
|Semester student last attended||Last semester student may reactivate/register without re-applying|
|Spring 2016||Winter 2018|
|Summer 2016||Spring 2018|
|Fall 2016||Summer 2018|
|Winter 2017||Fall 2018|
|Spring 2017||Winter 2019|
|Summer 2017||Spring 2019|
|Fall 2017||Summer 2019|
|Winter 2018||Fall 2019|
|Spring 2018||Winter 2020|
|Summer 2018||Spring 2020|
|Fall 2018||Summer 2020|
To reactivate your student record, email email@example.com from your MyMRU email address. Requests should include the following information:
- Full legal name
- Date of birth
- MRU Student ID
- Address, phone number and email
Reactivation requests will be processed within three business days.
Spring, summer and fall semesters:
- Reactivation requests can be completed after the last week of February.
- Reactivation requests can be completed after the second week of October.