Spending money wisely
This page will aid you in finding ways to help you spend your money wisely. You only have so much money, so to help you make your dollars go further we have provided you with tips on budgeting, information on student discounts, techniques for money management and forms of relief for emergency funding.
- There’s Something About Money (Canadian Bankers Association)
- Budgeting During School (CanLearn)
- Find out how to manage your money and finance your education (Youth Services, Government of Canada)
- Debt-Free Graduate
- Mount Royal budgeting worksheet (PDF)
- Managing Debt: Getting Help from a Credit Counselling Agency (FCAC)
Students experiencing short-term money problems may qualify for various sources of emergency relief offered by Mount Royal.
Depending on your situation, you may qualify for one of the following sources of relief:
- Emergency student loan
- Emergency bursaries
- Food bank
- Free legal clinic
For further information on emergency funding, please visit the Student Awards and Financial Aid Office.