Full Time Child Care Program
Our child care program is for full time services only, for children aged 19 months-5 years of age. Priority is given to full time MRU Students, Faculty and Staff, followed by the general public currently on our Wait List. We operate at capacity all year round, and have an extensive Wait List as well.
Our program is a play-based program, which means that opportunities for learning will take place throughout the day during structured and unstructured, active and quiet, indoor and outdoor activities. Indoor play centres such as: Blocks, Dramatic Play, Science, Library, Art, Water, Sand, and Manipulatives Area will be set up in each play room to meet the developmental needs of all children enrolled, and are geared for their specific age group. Physical Activities are provided both mornings and afternoons for a one hour period, either outdoors in one of two play areas or in various gyms on campus.
- Healthy, nutritious snacks and lunch are provided.
- Naps are provided for young children aged 19 months-3 years.
- Affiliation with Mount Royal University Bachelor of Child Studies Degree Program, Early Learning and Child Care Program, the Centre for Child Well Being and the Child Development Lab — resources and most recent educational knowledge and practices are shared between said departments and the centre, thereby benefiting all parties involved.
- Partnership with Kodaly Music Program for children aged 3 years - 5 years in our child care program- as part of our curriculum
- Partnership with St James School – for Kindergarten aged children enrolled in our child care program, who are also attending St. James Kindergarten class. Bussing to and from schools is coordinated, providing a seamless transition to and from school. Children attend full time at the centre when the school is not in session.
- Partnership with Kin-Dir Education Foundation - to provide screening, assessment and treatment for developmental delays and disabilities for children ages 2 1/2 years - Kindergarten age. Funding is provided through the Government of Alberta - for details regarding PUF Funding, visit: www.humanservices.alberta.ca/disability-services
Closures for Child Care Centre
The centre follows Mount Royal University’s Calendar for closures (except, we remain open during the Stampede Parade morning; and are closed for two additional Professional Development Days)
|1 July||Canada Day|
|7 August||Heritage Day|
|25 August||Professional Development Day|
|4 September||Labour Day|
|9 October||Thanksgiving Day|
|13 November||Remembrance Day|
|25 December -1 January (inclusive)||Christmas to New Year|
|16 February||Professional Development Day|
|19 February||Family Day|
|30 March||Good Friday|
|2 April||Easter Monday|
|21 May||Victoria Day|
Child Care Fees (Monthly)
|Child's Age||MRU Student / Employee||Public|
|19 months to 3 years||$1,165||$1,215|
|3 years and up||$1,050||$1,100|
Payment Methods Accepted
Payment Methods: Cash, Debit, Cheque. Visa, Mastercard and American Express payments accepted online through www.Plastiq.com
We have a Subsidy Agreement with the provincial government. Current information can be found at:www.child.gov.ab.ca/childcaresubsidy