Why comply with PCI?
The security benefits of complying
To learn more about why security matters, visit the PCI Security Standards webpage.
How to achieve compliance
Mount Royal University must comply with the PCI DSS to maintain our ability to process payment cards. It has 6 standard that must be met to be considered compliant.
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect card holder data.
- Do not use vendor supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
- Protect stored cardholder data.
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks.
- Use and regularly update anti-virus software or programs.
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications.
- Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know.
- Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access.
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data.
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data.
- Regularly test security systems and processes.
- Maintain a policy that addresses information security for employees and contractors.