Campus Card information
You will need to have one piece of government-issued photo identification (i.e. driver's license, provincial identification or passport) or two pieces of non-photo identification (i.e. birth certificate, social insurance number, credit card, health care card etc.)
Everyone is eligible for a Mount Royal Campus Card with picture identification.
Depending on the nature of your relationship with the university, there may be a $10 administration fee required to issue a Campus Card (see the following table for more details):
|Individual Classification||First Card Fee||Replacement Fee|
|Full-time ESL and Transitional Vocational students||Free||$10|
|International exchange students||Free||$10|
|Faculty, including sessionals||Free||$10|
|Credit-free and part-time Transitional Vocational students||Free||$10|
|Contracted services employees||$10||$10|
|All others and the general public||$10||$10|
Note: Once you have been issued a Campus Card you do not need a replacement card when you enroll in a new semester. A validation sticker will be required.
Campus Card Use
- The Campus Card is an identification card and should be carried at all times by employees and students. The Campus Card may be requested by a Mount Royal representative as a means of official identification.
- Access to Mount Royal services (i.e. Library, Recreation etc.) will be subject to the policies of the department. Failure to comply with the codes of conduct of these departments could result in a loss of privileges.
Campus Card Care
- You are responsible for the care of your Campus Card.
- Damaged Campus Cards will cost $10 to replace.
- If a Campus Card is malfunctioning, it will be evaluated and may be replaced free of charge.
- Your Campus Card is non-transferable and only you may use it for any of the available services.
- Your Campus Card will be subject to forfeiture if presented by anyone other than you.
Campus Card Confiscation
The Campus Card will be forfeited and surrendered to the Campus Card office if there is any evidence of tampering, fraud, abuse or other improper use. Any illegal activity involving your Campus Card could subject you to criminal charges.
The Campus Card office makes the following commitment to cardholder privacy:
- We do not retain addresses or telephone numbers within the Campus Card system.
- The Campus Card system will use only information collected for sales volumes and statistics. (i.e. number of alumni with Campus Cards or the number of daily sales transactions).
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Note: The Campus Card program is a department of Mount Royal and is therefore bound by the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. For further information, visit the FOIP website at: www.mtroyal.ca/foip.
- Lost or stolen Campus Cards should be reported immediately to the Campus Card Office and can be replaced for a fee of $10. The replacement fee will be waived if you provide a photocopy of a Calgary Police Service report. Mount Royal is not responsible for any loss or expense resulting from the loss, theft or misuse of the Campus Card.
- If you have door access, please notify Security immediately so they may cancel your privileges using that particular Campus Card.
- For Library access, you may choose to notify the Library to cancel your privileges using that particular Campus Card.