Frequently asked questions
- During the fall rush in September campus card office moves into I-130. Please see Hours Of Operation under "Contact us" for more information.
◾Sept. - April: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
◾May - June: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
◾July - mid Aug: 8:30 a.m. to to 4:00 p.m.
- During the September rush we offer extended hours. Please see Hours Of Operation under "Contact us" for more information.
1. You have your Mount Royal student ID number from the Registrar's Office.
2. New students and staff may pick up their cards 24 hours after they have updated their records with the Registrar's Office or Human Resources. To obtain your Mount Royal Campus Card, you will need your student/employee identification number and one piece of government issued photo identification (e.g. driver's licence, provincial identification, passport, etc.) or two pieces of non-photo identification (e.g. birth certificate, social insurance card, credit card, health care card, etc.). You must also have completed your course registration for the upcoming semester.
3. You are registered in at least 1 course in the current semester.
1. You have been given your Mount Royal employee Banner ID number by Human Resources or your department.
2. Your contract information has been properly processed by all required departments.
3. Your payroll has been set up by providing Payroll with a voided cheque.
- A replacement Campus Card will cost $10.
- Employees must activate their cards for Mount Royal Recreation once per year at the start of the fall semester. Employee cards remain active as long as you are employed at Mount Royal University.
Students - your current semester schedule will determine which labs you have access to. Remember, your card will only enable you access during the hours the lab is open for use. It may take up to one business day for late registrations or changes to your schedule to be updated in the electronic lock system. Please check with your instructor first. Additional questions may be answered by Security Services (X200E).
Employees - your access to buildings and rooms will need to be identified on a key requisition form, signed by the department head. The completed form, along with your Campus Card will have to be taken to Security Services (X200E), for encoding.
- To use the Mount Royal University library, your Campus Card must have a current validation sticker affixed.