Reporting a compromised Gmail account
If your Gmail account has been compromised and you no longer have access to it:
- Contact the ITS Service Desk at 403-440-6000 immediately to have your account reset.
- Once the account has been reset, check your Gmail settings.
- Change the passwords of any accounts using the same username and password combination as your Gmail account.
Note: We recommend you use a unique password for every account so you do not have to change passwords of other accounts when one gets compromised.
Reporting a cyber attack
If your computer:
- Is running slower than usual
- Has web browser settings that have been changed
- Has pop up windows open that you cannot close
- Takes you to websites that you did not ask to visit
- Has a virus warning
Please unplug the network cable, , from the back of your computer and contact the ITS Service Desk immediately at 403-440-6000.
Note: If the attack involves a pin pad or secured terminal. Please go to the PCI website for information on reporting an incident.
Reporting a phishing/suspicous email
Here at Mount Royal, we use the Google spam filter to filter out the majority of phishing emails. However, if you do receive an email that you think is a phishing email or seems suspicious: