MR offers a secure wireless network that can be accessed by WPA Compliant Cards on Windows Vista. Please follow the procedure listed below to enable WPA for your wireless adapter. If you have any problems please contact us or call 403-440-6000.
If have not done so, use the Windows Update tool or go to http://update.microsoft.com/to get the newest updates or patches for your operating system.
Visit your manufacturer's website for Vista compatibility and to download and install the newest drivers or firmware for your wireless network card. Important: Get updated drivers from your manufacturer.
Note: you may have to repeat these steps several times before Windows Vista can establish a connection to "MRsecure".
1. From your desktop, right-click the Not Connected Wireless networks are available button, or open your Control Panel.
2. Select the Network and Sharing Center menu item.
3. The Network and Sharing Center window opens. Select the Manage wireless networks link.
4. The Manage Wireless Networks window opens. Click the Add button.
5. The Manually connect to a wireless network window opens. Click the Manually create a network profile button.
6. Enter the network name: "MRsecure". Select the WPA2-Enterprise item in the Security type combo box.
7. Select the Encryption type combo box. Select the AES item. Click the Next button.
8. Click the Change connection settings button.
9. The MRsecure Wireless Network properties dialog opens. Select the Security tab.
10. Note: If you wish to be prompted each time for your username and password, you need to uncheck the Cache user information for subsequent connections to this network.
11. Click the Settings button.
12. Click on the Configure button.
13. Uncheck the Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) check box.
14. Click the OK button. Click the OK button again. Click the OK button one last time.
15. Click the Close button. Click the Close button again. Click the Close button one last time.
16. Click anywhere in the Additional information is required to connect to MRsecure balloon.
17. The Enter Credentials window opens. Enter your MYMRU and password (no domain information needed). Click OK
18. The Validate Server Certificate window opens. The Certificate dialog opens. Click the OK button. Click the next OK button
19. You should now be connected to the MRsecure wireless network.