Activating and logging in to MyMRU
All new users must activate their account the first time they log in to MyMRU. Note: If you have just registered you must wait at least 1 hour before you can activate your account.
1. Open an Internet browser and navigate to www.mymru.ca.
2. Click the Activate your account (New User) link.
3. A popup window appears showing you the activation steps needed to be followed.
4. Read through the Acceptable Use Policy. When finished, scroll to the bottom of the screen.
5. Click the option button indicating that you agree to the terms.
6. Click Accept.
7. Next, complete the information fields in the Confirmation of Authorization form.
8. When completed, click Authorize.
9. You will then see your current username and MRU email address.
10. Scroll down.
11. Enter your new password. Carefully read the restrictions for passwords.
Note: Passwords are case sensitive.
12. Confirm your new password by reentering it.
13. Click the security question drop-down and select a security question.
14. Type the answer to the security question.
15. Click Authorize. Note: If you receive an error that the password can not be based on a dictionary word, you must ensure that is it a combination of both letters and numbers.
16. Wait while the account activates.
Note: Once you have activated your account you must wait 5 minutes before you can log in to MyMRU for the first time.