Office of Student Conduct
The Office of Student Conduct (OSC) is a resource for students, faculty and staff at Mount Royal University that helps define community standards for academic and personal conduct and facilitates student judicial affairs.
The objective of the OSC is to work collectively with faculty and other resources across campus to educate students about academic integrity, respect for others, and the importance of upholding the fundamental values of Honesty, Trust, Fairness, Respect and Responsibility. These values are the basis for the Mount Royal Code of Student Conduct.
Services provided by the Office of Student Conduct
- Assists the Mount Royal community with interpreting the Code of Student Conduct
- Provides administrative support in cases of academic and non-academic misconduct
- Facilitates board hearings adjudicated by students, faculty and support staff
- Trains board members to ensure consistent and appropriate hearing outcomes
- Accrues data on incidents of misconduct and tracks overall statistical trends
Guiding principles of the Office of Student Conduct
- Emphasizes community involvement and peer adjudication
- Neutral when providing support and advice to students and faculty
- Transparent regarding student judicial affairs
- Fair and consistent in resolving conflict and misconduct