Most bomb threats are made by telephone during normal working hours. It is possible that any member of the University community could receive information about the potential location of existence of an explosive device.
Each and every bomb threat must be taken seriously and evaluated separately.
If you receive a bomb threat by telephone
- Remain calm, be courteous, listen and do not interrupt the caller.
- Write down any displayed phone number, if possible.
- Ask as many questions as possible and write down the replies. People making bomb threats are often willing to answer questions like:
- Where have you placed the bomb?
- When will it go off?
- What is your name?
- Where are you calling from?
- Why did you place the bomb?
- Immediately after you hang up from the call, telephone Security Services at 403-440-5900. Security will take any further action required.
- Take your written notes to the Security Services office at the West Gate as soon as possible.
If you receive a bomb threat electronically
- Forward the threat to Security Services email, email@example.com, as soon as possible.
- Follow up immediately by telephoning Security Services at 403-440-5900.