East & West Residences
Mount Royal has two residence complexes — East Residence and West Residence — designed for independent student living. Combined, they accommodate about 1,000 students.
All residents have private bedrooms (keyed entry) and, depending on the unit configuration, share common living areas.
There are accessible units in both the East and West Residences. If you have an accessibility need, note this on your application and contact the Residences Services office. We will do our best to esnure that your individual needs are being met to the best of our ability. If your situation changes, please contact the Residence Front Desk to help ensure your needs are being accommodated.
|East Residence||West Residence|
Was built in 1989 as Mount Royal College's Olympic legacy. A total of 426 students can live in the East Residence community. A renovation project was recently completed.
Opened in the fall of 2003, West Residence provides one-, two- and four-bedroom apartments and four bedroom townhouses.
A combination of one-, two- and four-bedroom individual townhouse units comprises each complex. Complexes are grouped in threes, which become their own communities within the East Residence. Grass, trees and outdoor tables add to the ambiance; plug-in parking is available at each triad.
Parking is located nearby; there are no plug-ins.
A Resident Advisor lives in each triad. The East Residence Life Coordinator lives in the complex and has an office at Residence Services.
Two Resident Advisors live in the West Residence townhouses and one Resident Advisor lives on each floor of the apartment buildings.
Residence Services office is located in Building B of the West Residence.
Both East and West Residence complexes have:
- A card-operated laundry facility
- Mailboxes for residents
- Community engagement room
All residence units have:
- Full furnishings including:
- a super-single bed;
- desk and bookshelf in each bedroom;
- kitchen and living room furniture;
- appliances including stove, refrigerator with freezer and microwave
- Cable TV
- Phone (with voice mail) in common living area
- Wireless high-speed Internet
- Wired connection is available by request
- Safety equipment including:
- coded key entries,
- fire extinguishers and smoke detectors
East Residence units also have:
- Parking with electrical outlets for car plug-in (parking passes are limited and can be purchased through parking services)
West Residence units also have:
- Storage lockers, located in the basement of Building B, for all residents on a first come first served basis, accessible during office hours
NOTE: You must supply your own personal living items and linens. See our list of recommended items and supplies.
The East and West Residences are only a minute’s walk away from a wide range of Mount Royal facilities and services, all designed with students’ needs in mind-including outstanding fitness facilities, computer labs, the Library, academic support, a post office and more!
Please visit our Residence Student Parking Information page for more details.