Your student's safety is our top priority
Like you, we take safety and security in Residence and on campus very seriously. In fact, it's our number one priority. Residence Services works closely with campus Security Services to create a safe and secure living environment in which our students can succeed.
Residence and campus safety services
- 24/7 emergency response to alarms, accidents and unusual activity
- Monitored security cameras
- Daily and nightly security patrols
- SAFEWALK service to and from Residence, parking lots and bus stops
- 24 hour on-site Residence staff who perform rounds of the residence complexes at night and deal with any issues that may arise
How you can help ensure the safety of your student
- Encourage your student to lock their bedrooms, unit doors and windows when they leave.
- Remind them to call for a SAFEWALK escort any time they feel unsafe walking alone on campus or to their car or the bus stop.
- Ensure they have programmed campus emergency numbers into their phones:
- Campus Security Services – 403.440.5900
- West RA On Duty (A & B Building) – 403.542.8215
- West RA On Duty (C & D Building, West Townhouses) – 403.542.4738
- East RA On Duty – 403.542.7258