MRU Sprint Triathlon – Sunday, April 12, 2015
"sprint" = short, not fast
Registration DEADLINE: Sunday, April 5
The most DO-able sprint triathlon – Learn Why
9:15 am – 2:30 pm (approximately)
Registration deadline (if not already sold out): Sunday, April 5
This triathlon is designed for first-time and novice triathletes - experienced triathletes are welcome too!
- Swim 0.5 km (20 lengths of MRU’s pool)
- Bike 17.5 km (any bike in safe working condition - including mountain bikes)
- Run 5 km (walk breaks are OK).
Do it all yourself or with a team of two or three people (one person may do two stages).
Event includes: electronic chip timing, lunch, draw prizes, age group medals, and a technical dry-fit shirt (choice of women’s or men’s fit).
Prerequisite(s): 17+ years, ability to swim 20 lengths of MRU’s pool, cycle 17.5 km (any bike in safe working condition) and run 5 km (walk breaks are OK). Speed is NOT a factor for any of the three stages - you set your own pace.
Locations: See route maps in “What You Need to Know”
Do it all yourself $19.00 MRU Student | $39.00 Member | $69.00 Non-member
Per team member * $15.00 MRU Student | $25.00 Member | $45.00 Non-member
* Each team member must register separately.
Before arriving, PLEASE READ the "What you Need to Know".
Workshop includes a review of the information in the “What You Need to Know” document, a Q & A period and a tour of event locations. You can also pick up your race bag before or after the workshop (at Recreation’s Customer Service Centre).
Wed, April 8
8:00 pm - 8:50 pm (Location will be given when you register)
Fee: $5.00 MRU Student | $5.00 Member | $5.00 Non-member
If you withdraw by Sunday, April 5, you’ll receive a refund (minus the $15 administration fee). After April 5, refunds (minus the $15 administration fee) will only be given for medical reasons (doctor’s note required) or work related leave (documentation required).
Triathlete "MUST DO" Checklist:
- Register and pay (in person, by phone 403.440.6517 or online) by Sunday, April 5.
- Read "What you Need to Know" (includes route maps)
- Once you have an accurate SWIM TIME, fill out the online "Triathlete Info Form" by Sunday, April 5.
- Pick up your race bag (race bib, shirt) and sign your waiver: Wed, April 8 - Sat, April 11 at Recreation (U130). Sorry, you cannot send someone in your place.
- IMPORTANT: To ensure you received the triathlon email updates, check that your correct email address is on your Rec account by phoning 403.440.6517.
Have questions? Need advice?
Contact the Race Director, Ron Griffith: 403.440.6519 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To register phone a different number: 403.440.6517 (Ron doesn't have that "power").
2014 race results