We want to make your experience with us an enjoyable and easy one, so we offer these membership conditions. If you have any questions about any of these membership conditions, please contact our Customer Service Centre at 403.440.6517.
General Membership Information
- Monthly, continuous and annual members receive member pricing on activities and personal training and advanced booking privileges for squash courts at no cost.
- Continuous and annual members receive complimentary lock and towel service.
- Specific activities and/or areas may be unavailable to members due to weather or university-related events including, but not limited to: exams, student sporting activities, rentals, special events or maintenance activities including maintenance shutdowns of various areas in the facility. Additional information can be found on our facilities closure page.
- MRU Recreation is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen personal property. For your security, do not bring valuable items to Recreation.
- MRU Recreation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to revoke or suspend membership privileges at any time.
- MRU Recreation will provide monthly and annual members with notice of upcoming renewal. Members save 10% on the price of their monthly or annual membership renewal if completed during the renewal period.
- All memberships are non-transferrable. Sharing or loading your ID card or providing access to any other person is not permitted and will result in immediate suspension from Recreation.
Please note that by filling out this form, this does not guarantee a membership hold/refund will be approved. A MRU Recreation representative will contact you within three business days.
Annual and Continuous memberships may be cancelled for a full refund within ten days of date of purchase.
Continuous memberships may be cancelled after a minimum of three months and must also be purchased three months upfront. In order to cancel payment plans, the member must provide notice of cancellation in writing a minimum of ten days prior to the next scheduled payment. Continuous memberships will automatically renew for an additional monthly term on the anniversary of the original term unless cancelled as above. Membership fees will not be refunded in the event the member fails to cancel the continuous membership prior to its automatic renewal as per the terms of this agreement.
Annual memberships are the only memberships that can be put on hold. Annual memberships are permitted to be put "on hold" for personal reasons twice per membership term at no cost. Additional personal holds, within the same membership term, are not permitted. All personal holds must be a minimum of one week and a maximum of six months.
NOTE: MRU Recreation will charge a $25 NSF fee. This fee is excluded for continuous memberships.
All MRU Recreation ID cards and student, faculty or employee Campus Cards remain the property of Mount Royal University.
Misplaced public member cards are kept at the Recreation Customer Service Centre for pick-up. Misplaced student and employee campus cards are kept at the Recreation Customer Service Centre until closing and then returned to the Campus Card desk in the MRU Book Store the following morning for pick-up. Lost, stolen or destroyed membership cards are subject to a $5 replacement fee. NOTE: MRU students and employees must obtain replacement cards from Campus Card Services.
All memberships and passes are non-transferrable. Sharing or loaning your ID card or providing access to any other person is not permitted and will result in immediate suspension from Recreation.