FOIP Notification Statement 34(2)
The personal information that you provide to Mount Royal University is collected under the authority of the Post-Secondary Learning Act and the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act – Section 33(c). The information will be used for the purpose of providing you various recreational and educational services through the Mount Royal University Recreation Department, which includes membership management, facility bookings, and course/program enrolment.
Mount Royal University has contracted ActiveNet to provide recreation participant management software in order to administer membership services for Students, Faculty, Employees, and external Clients. All Users are advised that any information stored with ActiveNet may be housed on servers residing in another province and, therefore, may be subject to the laws of another jurisdiction outside of Alberta. Although Mount Royal University has made every effort to protect the privacy of Users, the University cannot guarantee protection against possible disclosure of information residing in another jurisdiction.
Collected personal information is protected from unauthorized access, collection, use, and disclosure in accordance with the FOIP Act and can be reviewed upon request subject to the provisions under the Act.
If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please call 403.440.6289.
- minor injuries such as scratches, bruises, strains and sprains;
- major injuries such as eye injury or loss of sight, joint or back injuries, cardiac events and concussions.
- catastrophic injuries including paralysis and even death.
NOTE: Some activities have withdrawal policies that supersede the general refund policy (see specific activity description for more details).
Up to 24 hours prior to the activity start date:
- Refunds, less a $5 administration fee, will be processed.
- Transfers are allowed from one activity to another, subject to availability.
After activity start date:
- Prorated refunds, less a $5 administration fee, will only be processed. NOTE: This does not apply to certification and leadership courses or intramural sports.
- Transfer requests will be granted ONLY for drop-in fitness classes. All other requests must be approved by the Program Coordinator.
NOTE: Cash payments will be refunded by cheque if the refund exceeds $30.
NOTE: Some activities will run rain or shine.
Registered participant spots in fitness classes are guaranteed only until class start time.
In order to serve you better and maintain a safe environment, all users (including MRU students and employees) must present their Campus Card, Rec Card, or another piece of government issued photo ID to access the Recreation Centre.
All MRU Recreation ID cards and student, faculty or employee Campus Cards remain the property of Mount Royal University.
Lost, stolen or destroyed membership cards are subject to a $5 replacement fee. NOTE: MRU students and employees must obtain replacement cards from Campus Card Services.
All memberships and passes are non-transferable. Sharing on loaning your ID card or providing access to any other person is not permitted and will result in immediate suspension from Recreation.