The single most effective way to prevent contracting influenza is by washing your hands regularly with warm water and regular soap, especially after you cough or sneeze.
Other tips include:
- When you can’t wash your hands, use a hand sanitizer.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, throw the tissue in the trash right after you use it, and wash or sanitize your hands right away.
- If you don’t have a tissue, cough and sneeze into your upper arm or sleeve.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth as germs can spread that way.
- If you get sick, stay home and limit contact with others.
Mount Royal encourages all members of the campus community to get vaccinated for the flu virus.
Alberta Health Services is providing the vaccine at clinics across the province. Search for the clinic closest to you and when it is open at their website.
You can also call Health Link Alberta at 403-943-LINK (5465) for additional information.