Educational counselling

If you are considering withdrawing from Mount Royal or wanting to appeal a disqualification, then our Educational counselling service can be of assistance to you.


Our Educational counselling service provides assistance with processing withdrawals, help following Mount Royal Policies relating to late withdrawals, disqualification appeals and readmission to school following a disqualification.

Our counsellors are available by appointment to meet with you regarding educational matters.

View a list of Counsellors
Contact Student Counselling Services
ADHD in Post-Secondary
Location and hours we are available

If you need assistance with learning strategies or writing strategies, you need to contact the Student Learning Services in EL2100. You can call them at 403.440.6452.


Common Fears/Problems of 1st Year Students
Overcoming Test Anxiety
Test Taking Strategies
Setting Your Priorities
Tips for Adjustment to University Life
Books – "University Survival"
Parents Say Goodbye: The Last Summer Before College

MRU policies

All students are responsible for familiarizing themselves with the University's academic policies, procedures, and regulations. These are published in:

The University Calendar
The Schedule of Classes for each semester, which explains how to access and use the Registration system
Handouts, brochures, and posters that are distributed during advising workshops, registration and at other times

This information is not intended to replace the University Calendar as the definitive source of information regarding academic policies, procedures, and regulations.If a particular policy, procedure, or regulation is unclear, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of the Registrar for information about how that regulation may apply to your situation. We are here to help you. Any changes in your educational plans could have an effect on your academic or financial status at Mount Royal University. It is your responsibility to ensure that you follow the appropriate academic policies and procedures when making or adjusting your educational plans. Consult the University Calendar, the Office of the Registrar and/or your Academic Advisor before making major decisions about your studies at the University.

Report changes in your education plans to the Office of the Registrar using the appropriate forms. These forms are available at the Office of the Registrar on the first floor of Kerby Hall.

Student Counselling Services offers a variety of workshops that are beneficial to students.
See if there is a workshop to suit your needs.