Beware of employment scams
The Mount Royal student and graduate job bank receives 15 to 20 new jobs every day. Employers submit content and job postings at their discretion. Although Career Services has a detailed screening process to ensure jobs align with Career Services' posting guidelines, with Alberta Human Rights and Labour standards, and to filter out potential fraudulent postings, it is your responsibility as a job applicant to know your rights and how to protect yourself from potential employment scams.
As a job applicant, it is your responsibility to review each company and job offer carefully.
- Beware of employers who ask for personal data or a personal cheque prior to an official job offer
- Never deposit funds that you receive from a potential employer prior to being offered a legitimate employment contract or prior to actually doing any work
- Do not send an employer cheques or money transfers from your personal bank account
- Beware of employers who make atypical requests (like transferring personal funds) and who claim personal issues for making such requests
If you suspect employment fraud or have any concerns about a job posting on this site prior to applying, contact Career Services at 403.440.6307 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Better Business Bureau Scam Stopper
- Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre (CAFC)
- Government of Alberta – Beware of phony websites
Please note: Although Career Services has a detailed screening process to ensure jobs align with Career Services posting guidelines, with Alberta Human Rights and Labour standards, and to filter out any potential fraudulent postings, jobs are posted at the discretion of each employer and Mount Royal does not warrant the legitimacy of any of the information in the posting, including the company and the position itself.