Faculty Career Opportunity
|JOB TITLE:||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, AVIATION|
|Position Type:||Tenure Track|
|Department:||Bissett School of Business|
|Date Posted:||October 26, 2012|
|Closing Date:||April 23, 2013|
The Bissett School of Business – Aviation Department invites applications for a full-time tenure track which will commence August 15, 2013, subject to final budgetary approval at the rank of Assistant Professor. Priority will be given to entry level candidates. This position serves as a full-time Mount Royal University faculty member and reports directly to the Aviation Program Chair, with ongoing liaison with the Chief Flight Instructor (CFI).
Since opening in 1910, Mount Royal has embraced change in order to meet the needs of the people and community it serves. At Mount Royal students experience high quality education enhanced by smaller class sizes, personalized learning and a single-minded dedication to premier undergraduate learning. Mount Royal is known for its collegial working environment.
The Aviation Department currently offers a diploma program in Aviation. The successful applicant will be able to teach an introductory course in Aviation Navigation as well as senior courses in Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, Crew Coordination and Human Factor of Aviation.
New faculty are hired into one of two work patterns. The teaching/scholarship/service pattern has a focus on teaching with the requirement that the faculty member be involved in a research program as well as service to the Mount Royal community. The teaching/service pattern has a focus on teaching and service only. There is an option to change work patterns after tenure.
The successful applicant must be qualified to teach introductory courses as well as senior courses in aviation, instruct piloting in a simulating environment and be prepared to maintain active liaison with the aviation industry as well as be involved in course and program development.
Other duties and responsibilities here
A Ph. D. in an aviation discipline is preferred; a Master’s degree is required. The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years experience. Applicants interested in the teaching/scholarship/service pattern should have the ability and intent to pursue a research program.
• Applicants must believe in a strong safety culture and should have had no aviation accidents or Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) violations
• Applicant should hold (or have held) a valid Commercial or Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL)
• Applicants should hold (or have held) a valid Flight instructor Rating
• Applicants must have a satisfactory flight test recommendation record where applicable
• Applicants must hold (or have held) a valid Multi-Engine instrument Rating
• Ability to work within a structured SOP environment
• Experience in teaching aviation within a recognized aviation program
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Demonstrated strong communication skills
• Demonstrated strong time management and scheduling skills
• Provide courteous and prompt customer service
• Aptitude and desire to assist with promotional and marketing activities for the Aviation Program, Bissett School of Business
• Graduate Degree
• Graduate of an accredited aviation college / university program
• Experience in teaching aviation ground school
• Previous supervisory experience
• Applicant with multi-crew aircraft experience
• G1000 experience
• Experience with the following flight simulator preferred: FRASCA 142, FRASCA Mentor, Redbird xWind Trainer, ALSIM ALX
A complete dossier including curriculum vitae, the names and contact information for three (3) references, evidence of teaching excellence, and, if the teaching/scholarship/service pattern is desirable, evidence of intent to pursue a research program should be submitted quoting competition #D6439ES.
For further information, contact Leon Cygman, Assistant Chair, Bissett School of Business at 403.440.8719, email@example.com, or visit http://business.mtroyal.ca/aviation.
|Closing Date:||April 23, 2013|
MOUNT ROYAL UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
4825 MOUNT ROYAL GATE S.W.
CALGARY, AB T3E 6K6
Submit a separate covering letter and resume for each position you are applying for, quoting appropriate competition number to the address noted above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applying by email, please send your resume as an attachment, in either .doc, .docx or .pdf formats only
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.