Staff Career Opportunity
|JOB TITLE:||COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER|
|Term:||Term position to June 30, 2013 (possibility of renewal)|
|Department:||Mount Royal University Foundation|
|Date Posted:||November 08, 2012|
|Closing Date:||November 23, 2012|
The Communications Officer reports to the Manager, Communications and Stewardship and supports the Foundation’s fund development team in building and maintaining donor relationships. The mandate of this position is to work with the Manager, Communications and Stewardship and the fund development team to develop cultivation, solicitation and stewardship related communications that demonstrate Mount Royal’s commitment to the highest standards of accountability to its donors.
The Communications Officer is responsible for developing communications initiatives which support the Foundation’s objectives. This individual possesses a good understanding of Mount Royal University and its mandate and has experience in writing winning strategic proposals. The position supports the Manager, Communications and Stewardship, is a member of the communications and stewardship team, and works closely with the fund development team.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
• Research, write and edit engaging, persuasive and informative proposals, case statements and sponsorship packages that help facilitate the Foundation’s fund development initiatives.
• Manage proposal document production, packaging, and delivery to ensure on-time, high quality submissions.
• Develop speaking notes for Board members, donors, the President, senior administration and Executive Director for donor recognition and fundraising, events, awards ceremonies and other functions, as required.
• Research, write and edit news stories and articles for publication on the University’s website, e-newsletter or magazine, as required.
• Ensure written communications accurately reflect the needs of the donor as well as the priorities of the institution.
• Ensure all Foundation collateral and communications materials adhere to the Mount Royal style guide and branding guidelines.
• Support the communications and stewardship team, as required, in the development of other donor communication materials including donor impact/stewardship reports, correspondence and other related writing projects.
• Support, provide input into and help coordinate execution of Foundation's strategic communications and stewardship plans.
The Communications Officer liaises with colleagues and senior administration within Mount Royal to help create cohesive communications between the Foundation and other departments.
Other responsibilities of this role are to:
• Participate in cross-institutional marketing and communications initiatives through such groups as the Marketing Communications Implementers Committee.
• Keep abreast with industry developments and best practices in communications, stewardship and donor relations.
• A university degree in Communications, English, or Journalism
• Minimum three years experience in communications in a fundraising, post-secondary or marketing and communications environment
• Proficiency in page layout and desktop publishing
• Team player, with the ability to work successfully with individuals at all levels of a complex organization
• Mature, positive, organized and energetic
• Customer service oriented with exceptional attention to detail
• Creative, versatile writer with exceptional communications and critical thinking skills
Candidates are invited to provide three writing samples with their application.
|Closing Date:||November 23, 2012|
MOUNT ROYAL UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
4825 MOUNT ROYAL GATE S.W.
CALGARY, AB T3E 6K6
Submit a separate covering letter and resume for each position you are applying for, quoting appropriate competition number to the address noted above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applying by email, please send your resume as an attachment, in either .doc, .docx or .pdf formats only
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.