Staff Career Opportunity
|JOB TITLE:||CREATIVE & DESIGN STRATEGIST|
|Position Type:||Public Relations Assistant VI|
|Department:||Office of University Advancement, Marketing|
|Date Posted:||December 19, 2012|
|Closing Date:||January 2, 2013|
|Description:||Supervised by the Studio and Production Supervisor, the Creative Strategist will support the Studio and Production Supervisor by helping to establish the University Advancement studio as a recognized and sought-out source of conceptual, creative and visual excellence in marketing and communications (mar-comm), university-wide. The Creative Strategist will also support the Director of Marketing and the Marketing Communications strategic team, as required, by attending planning meetings for the institution and its internal clients.|
• In support of the institution’s sustainability priorities, identify and explore opportunities to transition Mar-Comm from print-dominance to a more even balance of online (websites, social media) and print applications
• Work with the studio team to develop an open environment of mutual support and collaboration in order to steadily enhance the quality of UA mar-comm concepts, creative thinking and design on an ongoing basis. Work with the Director of Marketing to extend same to wider mar-comm team
• Work with the mar-comm strategic team to persuasively articulate – to key stakeholders, notably internal clients, administrative leaders and external suppliers – the value of creative concepts and executions in effective marketing and communications
• Provide creative input to the UA leadership team, on request, in the planning of major institutional projects.
• Maintain strict accountability for meeting the requirements (quality standards, timelines, follow-up as required) of projects, small and large, assigned directly to the Creative Strategist by the Studio and Production Supervisor
• 4 – 6 years workplace experience in developing concepts and design, with responsibility for comprehensive “A to Z” projects. Post-secondary experience a definite asset
• Experience in website creative development and online mar-comm applications
• Strong team player with a collaborative working style
• Ability to confidently engage with diverse audiences – from colleagues to clients to senior administration – to explain and clarify the importance of creative thinking in effective marketing and communications.
• Ability to effectively present ‘first draft’ creative concepts and be comfortable with responding to and applying feedback in subsequent drafts
• Ability to generate polished, current and engaging graphic design solutions for a wide variety of small to large projects assigned to self, and consistently meet deadlines and follow-up requirements on all – without exception
A portfolio of work samples may be requested
|Closing Date:||January 2, 2013|
MOUNT ROYAL UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
4825 MOUNT ROYAL GATE SW
CALGARY, AB T3E 6K6
Submit a separate covering letter and resume for each position you are applying for, quoting appropriate competition number to the address noted above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applying by email, please send your resume as an attachment, in either .doc, .docx or .pdf formats only
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.