Staff Career Opportunity
|JOB TITLE:||ENROLMENT SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE, REGISTRATION|
|Position Type:||Administrative Support V|
|Department:||Enrolment Services, Office of the Registrar|
|Date Posted:||January 22, 2013|
|Closing Date:||February 5, 2013|
|Description:||Mount Royal University is currently seeking a full-time Enrolment Support Representative, Registration, with an emphasis on front-line client care and registration services. Reporting to the Coordinator of Credit Registration, this position is responsible for contributing to the efficient and effective operation of the area. This position requires an individual who is self motivated and willing to take on tasks, can effectively manage their time and demonstrates an ability to work as group as well as independently.|
Responsible for providing efficient and effective information and referral services to a diverse population of students/clients. Primary role/responsibilities include:
• Serve as an effective Ambassador of the institution.
• Promote and foster a supportive student learning environment.
• Provide excellent, quality customer service.
• Ensure effective, accountable stewardship of student information and institutional resources.
• Ensure accurate interpretation and fair and an equitable application of all institutional policies
• Demonstrate knowledge and competence in job-specific duties.
The incumbent will be expected to be a knowledgeable expert on registration services, and will provide front-line client care support involving the following duties:
• Clarify student/client information and service needs through effective listening and proactive assessment.
• Provide accurate information regarding admissions, registration, student records, and fees.
• Respond accurately to inquiries (in-person, by telephone, mail or online), with respect, tact and discretion.
• Provide appropriate referral services to student support services
• Answer questions and assist students with resolving Student Web Services problems.
• Produce Confirmation of Enrolment letters, and official and unofficial academic transcripts.
• Resolve data integrity issues.
• Interpret institutional policies, applying sound understanding and judgment.
• Ensure fair and equitable application of institutional policies within the boundaries of accountability.
• Foster a respectful work environment which values diversity, integrity and open, honest communication.
• Post-secondary education required (undergraduate degree preferred), with one or more years’ experience with customer service (Note: Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered)
• Excellent communication skills
• Sensitivity in working with diverse populations
• Proven ability to work as a team member
• Ability to analyze and interpret information
• Responsible, results-oriented and motivated
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Working knowledge of software including: Microsoft Suite (Excel, Access, Word), Netscape, Internet Explorer, Lotus Notes. Experience with Banner student information system an asset.
|Salary:||$1,710.00 semi monthly|
|Closing Date:||February 5, 2013|
MOUNT ROYAL UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
4825 MOUNT ROYAL GATE SW
CALGARY, AB T3E 6K6
Submit a separate covering letter and resume for each position you are applying for, quoting appropriate competition number to the address noted above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applying by email, please send your resume as an attachment, in either .doc, .docx or .pdf formats only
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.