|JOB TITLE:||ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE DEAN|
|Position Type:||Administrative Support V|
|Department:||Bissett School of Business|
|Date Posted:||March 19, 2013|
|Closing Date:||March 27, 2013|
|Description:||Reporting to the Administrative Supervisor, this position is accountable for providing a high level of administrative support directly to the Dean of the Bissett School of Business.|
• Provide high level administrative assistance to the Dean including; coordinating the Dean’s calendar, preparing background information for meetings, produce and distribute a variety of written correspondence and special reports, and arranging travel, transportation and accommodations.
• Managing the Dean’s emails which include reading, answering, following up and filing of emails as directed.
• Planning and preparing for several committee and group meetings, including scheduling, creating agendas, recording minutes, and organizing and distributing information.
• Managing marketing and promotional information related to the Bissett School of
Business, including website management and the preparation of newsletters.
• Planning and managing events and special projects supported by the Office of the Dean.
• Maintaining relationships with external groups to promote the Bissett School of Business.
• Supporting the Office of the Dean with general office duties executed in a professional manner, including composing correspondence of a routine nature (memos, letters, and reports), answering general and specific inquiries and acting as a communication link between the Dean and the Faculty ensuring that the Office of the Dean is run efficiently and effectively.
• 2 years of post secondary education
• 3 - 5 years previous related experience
• Proficient command of strong written communication skills
• Ability to organize, manage time and multi-task in a busy environment
• Ability to complete work which requires attention to detail within tight deadlines
• Ability to communicate clearly using diplomatic, interpersonal skills.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office and publishing software
• Ability to design and maintain web pages
• Ability to create professional looking correspondence, documents and newsletters
• Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
• Flexible and willing to work during special occasions outside regular schedules.
|Closing Date:||March 27, 2013|
MOUNT ROYAL UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
4825 MOUNT ROYAL GATE SW
CALGARY, AB T3E 6K6
Submit a separate covering letter and resume for each position you are applying for, quoting appropriate competition number to the address noted above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applying by email, please send your resume as an attachment, in either .doc, .docx or .pdf formats only
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.