|JOB TITLE:||SECURITY OFFICER|
|Position Type:||Physical Services IV|
|Date Posted:||April 17, 2013|
|Closing Date:||April 24, 2013|
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the Security Officer performs a broad range of customer services based security and public safety related duties to safeguard the staff, students, and public who access the Mount Royal University Campus as well as protect its buildings, grounds and assets. Working as a member of the Security team on shift, the Security Officer rotates through a range of security and patrol tasking activities each day.
Security Services is considered an essential University service and is provided by teams consisting of a Shift Supervisor and a minimum of three Security Officers on a 24/7 basis, 365 days per year.
• Patrol the Mount Royal University Campus by foot, bicycle or vehicle
• Recognize and investigate all incidents and unusual occurrences and suspicious persons
• Provide first line response to security emergencies and act as key link to dispatch centre
• Monitor, assess, record and respond appropriately to all alarms
• Assess incident / accident scene and recommend assistance from external agencies such as EMS, Calgary Police and Fire department
• Conduct basic investigations including interviews, statements, surveillance and recovery of property
• Write reports and maintain timely and accurate notes on incidents
• Control access to buildings and properties on the Mount Royal University campus
• Check fire systems, alarm systems and CCTV systems
• Operate Central Dispatch Centre as well as act as Central Dispatch Office on rotating basis
• Providing information and direction to all persons using University facilities
• Liaise with individuals, organizations, groups on campus to promote safety / security awareness
• Justice Studies diploma or equivalent, degree preferred and 1 - 2 years’ relevant experience
• Current Alberta Security Officer licence
• Valid First Aid, CPR Certificate and Defibrillator Certificate
• Valid Class 5 driver's license with a good driving record
• Valid CPIC security clearance
• Valid Government of Alberta Investigators License
• Functioning knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada
• Superior report writing skills and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Positive, highly motivated with strong customer service focus
• Excellent judgment and problem solving skills
• Computer experience with Microsoft Office and inputting information into a database
• WHMIS Training
• Position involves a considerable amount of standing and walking (up to 12 hour shifts); must be physically fit
• Ability to work twelve (12) hour shifts on a rotational basis
The successful candidate will be required to provide the University
• Copy of post secondary documents
• Proof of Alberta Security License
• Copy of current driver’s abstract and valid First Aid
Successful job applicants are required to undergo a pre-employment written, medical, fitness, drug, and alcohol examination with satisfactory results as a condition of employment.
|Closing Date:||April 24, 2013|
MOUNT ROYAL UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
4825 MOUNT ROYAL GATE S.W.
CALGARY, AB T3E 6K6
Submit a separate covering letter and resume for each position you are applying for, quoting appropriate competition number to the address noted above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applying by email, please send your resume as an attachment, in either .doc, .docx or .pdf formats only
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.