Staff Career Opportunity
|JOB TITLE:||SCHEDULING ASSISTANT|
|Position Type:||Administrative Support VI|
|Department:||Enrolment Services - Office of the Registrar, Scheduling Services|
|Date Posted:||April 24, 2013|
|Closing Date:||May 2, 2013|
|Description:||Mount Royal is currently seeking a full-time Scheduling Assistant. The successful candidate is self-motivated, shows initiative, can effectively manage their time and has a demonstrated ability to work as part of a group as well as independently. Reporting to the Coordinator of Scheduling Services, the Scheduling Assistant is responsible for contributing to the efficient and effective operation of the department.|
• Ensure departmental requests for creating a timetable are realized
• Interpret, verify and load course information into the scheduling system (TPHi)
• Trouble shoot failed/unsuccessful uploads of scheduling data
• Resolve data integrity issues
• Interpret institutional scheduling policies, applying sound understanding and judgement
• Communicate with Chairs and Administrative Assistants regarding ongoing updates and questions related to the Schedule of Classes.
• Communicate with all non-academic departments of the University responding to inquiries about ad hoc bookings, including Continuing Education, Credit Extension and the Languages Institute.
• Foster a respectful work environment which values diversity, integrity and open, honest communication
• Three or four year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) required
• Minimum 2 - 3 years of administrative experience
• Above average capacity for attention to detail required
• Ability to analyze and interpret information
• Knowledge of an automated student information system an asset (e.g., Banner).
• Experience with an enterprise scheduling system an asset (e.g., EnCampus)
• A high degree of computer literacy (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, and internet) is essential.
• Proven problem solving skills
• Above average communication skills an asset
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
|Closing Date:||May 2, 2013|
MOUNT ROYAL UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
4825 MOUNT ROYAL GATE SW
CALGARY, AB T3E 6K6
Submit a separate covering letter and resume for each position you are applying for, quoting appropriate competition number to the address noted above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applying by email, please send your resume as an attachment, in either .doc, .docx or .pdf formats only
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.