Staff Career Opportunity
|JOB TITLE:||FINANCIAL REPORTING COORDINATOR|
|Position Type:||Administrative Support XI|
|Date Posted:||April 25, 2013|
|Closing Date:||May 12, 2013|
|Description:||As a part of this dynamic post-secondary institution, this senior position is responsible to develop, and prepare all major financial reports of the University’s activities for both internal and external audiences and provide advice on and validate other internally prepared financial reports as required. The incumbent must carry out the necessary analysis and adjustments to ensure all reporting is comprehensive and accurate. The position is responsible for the development of new reports and providing advice on compliance, information sources, procedures, and systematic tools to meet the changing requirements of the University and its audiences. This role is one among the team of professional designated accountants in the Department of Financial Services, Mount Royal University.|
• Develop and prepare financial reports required by external parties and funding agents, including the Government of Alberta, the Government of Canada, the Canadian Association of Business Officers and others.
• Reporting management to provide oversight and guidance on the information structures, processes and systems to meet the University’s evolving reporting needs and responsibilities.
• Develop and prepare all major financial reports for internal audiences including quarterly and ad hoc financial report to budget managers, executive and the Board of Governors.
• Review, reconciliation and resolve discrepancies of financial information to ensure comprehensive and accurate information.
• Compile data from a wide variety of sources for the purpose of analysis and compilation for special projects studies, analysis and reports.
• Lead in the development and implementation of reporting tools to meet the evolving information and decision needs of the University
• Support and participate in the strategic planning activities of Financial Services.
• Current Professional Accounting Designation (CGA, CMA, CA)
• Minimum 5 years of related budgeting and financial reporting experience
• Experience with full cycle accounting in an organization of similar scope/scale.
• Advanced use of Microsoft Office electronic tools – particularly Excel and Access
• Advanced use of CaseWare software is considered an asset
• Experience with Banner and Millennium accounting, reporting and budgeting software
|Salary:||$2,849.58 - $3,082.92 semi-monthly|
|Closing Date:||May 12, 2013|
MOUNT ROYAL UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
4825 MOUNT ROYAL GATE SW
CALGARY, AB T3E 6K6
Submit a separate covering letter and resume for each position you are applying for, quoting appropriate competition number to the address noted above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applying by email, please send your resume as an attachment, in either .doc, .docx or .pdf formats only
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.