Staff Career Opportunity
|JOB TITLE:||ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT|
|Position Type:||Administrative Support IV|
|Department:||Physical Education and Recreation Studies|
|Date Posted:||May 01, 2013|
|Closing Date:||July 22, 2013|
|Description:||The department of Physical Education and Recreation Studies at Mount Royal University is looking for an individual who is a strong communicator that has initiative, a strong work ethic, and the ability to juggle multiple requests from various staff and faculty. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Chair, Physical Education and Recreation Studies. As an integral member of the department team, this position is accountable for ensuring effective administrative support is provided for department operations. This position requires a high degree of independence, responsibility, organization, and interpersonal communication skills. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with a positive and professional attitude that takes pride in a job well done and values being part of a team.|
In this position, you will provide administrative assistance, as well as reception and clerical support to personnel within the Department of Physical Education and Recreation Studies. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Performing reception duties for the department, receiving and directing in-person and telephone inquiries and receiving scheduled visitors;
• Scheduling appointments for the Advisors and Chair;
• Exercising judgment in processing sensitive issues and dealing with confidential information;
• Liaising with various departments to ensure smooth day-to-day operations;
• Following up on issues arising from meetings and acting as an information resource;
• Providing clear information to the general public, students and specific associations and organizations, and acting as the primary communication link between the public and the faculty and staff;
• Assisting faculty with class-related or research-related activities such as presentation preparation, test-bank maintenance, literature searches, and database maintenance;
• Providing first-response advising and registration information to students;
• Sorting and distributing mail;
• Monitoring and maintaining office supplies;
• Booking facilities;
• Typing and updating a variety of documents including minutes; and
• Assisting in event planning for special events.
• Two year diploma; bachelor’s degree an asset
• Minimum 18 months previous administrative assistance experience
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to work independently and enjoy working as part of a team
• Strong customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
• Attention to accuracy and detail with the ability to be proactive
• Exercise tact, discretion and diplomacy
• Ability to make effective decisions
• Ability to deal with a range of personalities
|Closing Date:||July 22, 2013|
MOUNT ROYAL UNIVERSITY
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
4825 MOUNT ROYAL GATE S.W.
CALGARY, AB T3E 6K6
Submit a separate covering letter and resume for each position you are applying for, quoting appropriate competition number to the address noted above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applying by email, please send your resume as an attachment, in either .doc, .docx or .pdf formats only
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.