|JOB TITLE:||ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN|
|Position Type:||Administrative Support VI|
|Date Posted:||August 20, 2013|
|Closing Date:||September 3, 2013|
The Library is an academic service unit providing campus-wide access to a range of information resources, advanced research and information literacy instruction and point of need assistance, and central student study and learning spaces and facilities. The Library is comprised of approximately 40 support staff positions working in five service units and 17 faculty librarian positions. The Library also has responsibility for the university archives and copyright oversight. The Library works closely with other academic areas on campus, student support services, campus information technology, the bookstore and other key service and infrastructure units.
This position provides a high level of administrative support to the University Librarian and oversees the administrative functions of the Library's main office. Reporting directly to the University Librarian, this position performs a range of complex administrative duties to support the work of the University Librarian and the smooth and efficient operations of the Library administrative functions. The position also works closely and collaboratively with other, ongoing term administrative staff including the Chair's Administrative Assistant (reporting to the Chair) and Library Coordinators as well as key area/unit staff positions within the Library. Occasional supervision of casual and project staff may be required.
Core responsibilities and accountabilities include:
• managing the appointments and schedule of the University Librarian
• supporting key meetings including agenda, package and minute preparation
• acting as main communication point and liaison for University Librarian for internal and external inquiries
• coordinating travel, event and a range meeting logistics and details
• managing administrative paper work flow including management of print and electronic file systems
• budget processing and support and financial reporting
• report preparation including statistical reporting
• working closely with administrative assistant to the Chair to ensure efficient Library operations
• overseeing project or casual staff as needed
• providing coverage for reception desk and work of Chair’s Admin as required
• Two-year Diploma from a University or Equivalent
• 3 - 5 years administrative assistant experience in an academic environment
• Computer proficiency in MS Office
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Diplomacy, professionalism and ability to represent the Library appropriately with internal and external contacts
• Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
• Ability to take initiative and problem solve creatively
• Enjoys working with people and is patient and enjoys collaboration
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-changing environment with changing priorities and demands
• Desire to learn new skills and to take on new challenges
|Closing Date:||September 3, 2013|
MOUNT ROYAL UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
4825 MOUNT ROYAL GATE SW
CALGARY, AB T3E 6K6
Submit a separate covering letter and resume for each position you are applying for, quoting appropriate competition number to the address noted above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applying by email, please send your resume as an attachment, in either .doc, .docx or .pdf formats only
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.