Exempt Staff Opportunity
|JOB TITLE:||NURSE CONSULTANT ASSESSOR (EDMONTON, ALBERTA)|
|Position Type:||Exempt, Part-Time (30 hours per week – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)|
|Term:||Limited Term to March 31, 2013 with probability of renewal|
|Department:||Internationally Educated Nurses (IEN) Assessment Centre - Edmonton School of Nursing|
|Date Posted:||January 03, 2013|
|Closing Date:||January 17, 2013|
|Description:||The Nurse Consultant Assessor is integral to the implementation of the Substantially Equivalent Competency (SEC) assessment process used in assessing the nursing practice competencies of internationally educated nurses. The nurse consultant assessor works at the Alberta North Edmonton site under the guidance of the Manager, IEN Assessment Centre, and Lead Nurse Consultant located in Calgary, Alberta. The Nurse Consultant Assessor uses current evidence-based nursing knowledge and skills to conduct SEC assessments; and analyze competencies and skills against Canadian Entry-to-Practice RN competencies. The Nurse Consultant Assessor ensures that accurate and timely reports are submitted to the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA). Consistency and maintenance of all required policies and procedures are essential.|
The employment requirements include:
• Prepare for SEC assessment by remaining current in nursing knowledge and skills
• Complete all SEC assessment processes as scheduled
• Analyze and synthesize assessment data
• Write the detailed SEC assessment report for submission to CARNA
• Work collaboratively with the IEN Assessment Centre team to review, revise and update SEC assessment tools
• Respond to changing needs of the IEN Assessment Centre
• Bachelor of Nursing degree required; Masters preferred
• Strong clinical, assessment, and evaluation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with performing and writing staff or student evaluations or appraisals
• Able to work effectively individually and in a team environment
For further information, contact Shelley Goodman, IEN Assessment Centre Manager at 403.440.6888 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, visit our website at www.mtroyal.ca/nursing
|Closing Date:||January 17, 2013|
MOUNT ROYAL UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
4825 MOUNT ROYAL GATE S.W.
CALGARY, AB T3E 6K6
Submit a separate covering letter and resume for each position you are applying for, quoting appropriate competition number to the address noted above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applying by email, please send your resume as an attachment, in either .doc, .docx or .pdf formats only
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.