Copyright at Mount Royal University
Mount Royal University's decision to operate outside the proposed Access Copyright tariff, along with recent copyright legal decisions and challenges, has resulted in numerous procedural and policy changes. Your patience with these changes is much appreciated. This website will be updated as more information becomes available, and communication and education around changes will be ongoing.
Instructors and students
- Should you show it in class? Hand it out? Post it online? Answers and alternatives for different formats of copyrighted materials.
- A student guide to copyright for in-class multimedia presentations.
- Guidance on what uses may be made of copyrighted material under the fair dealing provision of the Copyright Act.
- Policy 1610: Use of copyright materials
- Policy 587: Intellectual property
Copyright-related questions and requests for a copyright information session can be sent to the Copyright Advisor MRUcopyright@mtroyal.ca.
Note that opinions of staff members do not constitute legal advice.