Using the Library
Mount Royal students, staff and faculty may borrow any item from the circulating collection - books, DVDs, and CDs - as well as audiovisual equipment for the purpose of teaching and learning.
- Your Campus Card is your library card
- Material may be renewed online at your Library Account , by phone 403.440.6019, or in person at the Circulation Desk
- Items may be renewed twice if there are no holds placed on them
- Reserve and Media items must be renewed in person
- Journals, magazines, newspapers and reference materials may be used in-house only
- Laptops are available to borrow at the Circulation Desk
- Audio-visual equipment is available for loan from the Circulation Desk
- Books - generally 3 weeks
- ESL Collection - varies, 1 week to 3 weeks
- Reserve Collection - varies, 1 hour to 1 week
- Laptops - overnight
- Videos/DVDs – 3 days
- Interlibrary Loans - due date is set by the lending library
Fines are charged for overdue material. See our fines pages for detailed information about fines and fees.
Hold/Request an Item
You may request, or place a "hold", on library items that are either loaned out to another borrower or available on the shelf. Holds may be placed the following ways:
- Online, via the Library Account link in the library catalogue
- In person at the Circulation Desk
- Via telephone at 403.440.6019
Note: You can confirm your hold is available for pick-up at the Circulation desk by logging into your Library Account
Overnight Reserve Collection Loans
Overnight loans are available on selected Reserve books. Overnight loans are not possible the week prior to, and during, exams. For detailed information of the loan periods visit the Overnight Reserve Collection Loans page.
Services for the Public
The MRU Library does provide services for the general public. Visit the Services for the Public page for detailed information.
Services for Alumni and Retirees
MRU Alumni and retirees are welcome to use the library. Visit the Services for Alumni and Retirees page for more information.