Borrowing from other Libraries
What can you do if MRU Library does NOT have the resource you need?
- Get a COPPUL Card
- Get a card for The Alberta Library
- Use our Interlibrary Loan service
Libraries who would like to borrow materials from MRU can find more information on the Lending To Other Libraries page.
- With a COPPUL card, Mount Royal students can access materials from participating University libraries across Canada, including the University of Calgary, University of Alberta and University of Lethbridge.
- In-person borrowing is the primary privilege extended by the host
- Host libraries may offer additional privileges or services
- Please obtain information on the privileges available at individual host libraries prior to visiting those libraries.
- Quebec Universities, the University of Toronto, and the Ontario College of Art and Design do not lend materials to Undergraduate Students from other provinces.
- COPPUL cards are issued at the MRU Service Desk.
- Student COPPUL cards expire at the end of the semester.
- With a TAL card, members of the Mount Royal Library can access materials from participating libraries, including Calgary Public Library, ACAD Library, and SAIT Library.
- TAL cards are issued at the MRU Service Desk.
- To be eligible, your library account must be in good standing and you must be an MRU student, staff or faculty member.
- Student TAL cards expire at the end of each semester; faculty and staff TAL cards expire at the end of August, annually.