As a Mount Royal graduate and a funeral service professional, you are prepared for a wide range of career possibilities. For information about the employment outlook, duties, working conditions, personal characteristics and salary expectations, visit the ALIS Occupational Profile.
To have your job posting included on this page, please email your posting (in MS Word or PDF format) to email@example.com. Postings will be added within one week of receipt.
Important details to include:
- business name and contact information
- detailed position description
- salary type/range
- closing date
- preferred method of application
Current Job Postings
The job and volunteer opportunities that are posted on this website have been sent to Mount Royal by external organizations and businesses and are provided solely for the student's information. Mount Royal does not endorse, screen or evaluate these opportunities and has no control over the accuracy of the postings or the quality or safety of the opportunities advertised. It is the student's responsibility to investigate these opportunities to ensure that they are appropriate for the student and meet the student's expectations. If the student is successful at obtaining a position from one of these postings, the student is solely responsible for its employment or volunteer relationship with the external organization or business.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to:
Phil Fredette, CFSP
Market Manager, Alberta/Saskatchewan
A division of Service Corporation International Canada ULC
915 Acadia Drive, Saskatoon, SK S7H 5N4
The successful candidate will:
- Learn to arrange and conduct funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized and caring manner and in keeping with company policies
- Adhere to all company and regulatory requirements
- Care for the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks which may include: transfers, dressing and casketing; coordinating and assisting with funeral service and visitation, delivery of flowers, caskets, urn, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families and setting of catered luncheon and the removal, proper care and storage of these items
- Assist with funeral services by ushering, driving funeral vehicles, assisting at chapel and church services, assisting at the cemetery, floral delivery, picking up supplies, participating at special functions and other duties as required
- Prepare legal documents related to services, burials, cremations, and other required administrative tasks
- Perform office duties such as operating fax machine, computer, multiline phone system, point of sale machine, postage meter and stereo/video system may be required to be operated from time to time
- Assist with the maintenance of vehicles, the facility and property; receive caskets and other funeral home supplies as well as place into inventory and carry out other responsibilities that may be reasonably delegated by management
- Answer phones, greet guests and families, and participate in staff meetings
- Design and preparation of memorial products including slideshows and cards
- Other duties as directed by management
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Ideal candidate has recently completed, currently enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited Funeral Director Program
- Funeral industry experience is an asset
- Excellent work history and driving record
- Previous customer service and/or sales experience would be a definite asset
- Ability to work on a team and independently as workload dictates
- Knowledge of computers and an eye for graphic design would be an asset, or willingness to learn
- Other estate-related supports within scope
- High level of compassion, integrity, and professionalism
- Excellent problem solving skills and communication
- Ability to pass the Provincial Licensing Exam at the appropriate time
Please submit your resume, along with at least 3 references, to:
Bear Creek Funeral Home
103-10920 84 Avenue Grande Prairie, Alberta T8V 6H2
Platinum Emergency Services Inc. are currently seeking a decedent transfer specialist. There are three positions available.
Employees will: Assist in the transfer of deceased persons from hospitals, residence or care facility to funeral homes as dispatched. This is a position that requires indisputable integrity, reliability, ingenuity, and the highest degree of tact and sensitivity imaginable to deal with our families and clients. Your dress and deportment must be professional at all times.
The requirements for the position begin with conservative professional attire (dark suit, polished black shoes, a light blue shirt and a tie), the ability to lift 150 pounds regularly, be available to work an on-call rotation when scheduled and attend training and evaluation with one of our senior team members. Above average attention to detail and cleanliness with conscientious approach to all the tasks assigned to you and a demonstrated defensive driving record evident in a clean Alberta drivers abstract. You must be bondable and a criminal records check must be supplied within 30 days of accepting the position.
This position may turn into full time in the near future. It is a perfect opportunity for someone exploring an alternative career or someone that is semi-retired or retired and in good physical condition. (Retired police officers, firefighters etc.) It is also an amazing opportunity for students taking the funeral director or embalming program.
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, Copy of Certifications, Drivers Abstract by e-mail to:
Platinum Emergency Services Inc.
Mr. Garner Stack, President Operations
2818 – 41 Street SW, Calgary, AB Canada, T3E 3K8
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.