Fraud Prevention Month - Calgary Launch
Thursday, March 1, 2018 - 9:30 a.m. - noon
Fourth floor gallery, Riddell Library and Learning Centre
Mount Royal University
- Minister of Service Alberta, Stephanie McLean
- Acting Deputy Chief Cliff O'Brien, Calgary Police Service
- Connie Young, Associate Vice-President, Finance and Risk Management, Mount Royal University
Distinguished panel: A moderated discussion on fraud awareness and prevention, featuring representatives from:
- Calgary Police Service – Technical Operations Section
- Vintri Technologies & Calgary Chamber of Commerce
- Mount Royal University – Information Technology Services
- Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre (CAFC)
- Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA)
- Service Alberta – Consumer Investigation Unit
- Better Business Bureau
Open to the public
Speaker Series: Law Enforcement - Leadership, Ethics & Accountability
An open discussion with Brian D. Fitch.
As one of the foremost authorities on law-enforcement leadership, ethics and accountability, Brian D. Fitch exemplifies courage, compassion, professionalism, accountability and respect, the core values of the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department where he served for more than 30 years. The Public Safety and Security Research Group is pleased to welcome him to MRU to lead a discussion on the role culture, environment, social learning, policy and reward systems play in relation to law- enforcement ethics, use of force, investigative success and public perception.
Open to the public.
Workshop: Managing Safety and Security Risks in Your Organization
Details TBA. Please check back soon.