Pathways for Internationally Educated Professionals
In order to internalize language as behaviour, you practice language in a variety of controlled role plays and semi-rehearsed scenarios that we film. You receive structured feedback from both the language instructor and a business consultant about your individual performance and specific advice on how to improve your communication with colleagues, employers and professional affiliates.
- Language and intercultural training are embedded in professional workplace content and scenarios
- Actors are used in semi-rehearsed filmed performances
- A business consultant attends class two times each week to give workplace-related feedback and information sessions
- Guest speakers are invited from local workplaces
- Demonstrate significant improvements in English language proficiency for all skill areas, including increased profession-specific and idiomatic vocabulary
- Demonstrate appropriate soft skills and increased intercultural communicative competency for adapting to Canadian professional workplace contexts
- Demonstrate increased understanding of how to access employment, further training, volunteer, and networking opportunities
High-intermediate to advanced language proficiency, which means minimum CLBA 7 (or equivalent) in reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Your test results should be no more than 6 months old.
PIEP is offered in a convenient, blended format. 143 hours of the 270-hour course are spent in class on campus two evenings and one Saturday per week. 127 hours are spent online over the 11-week term.
|Location ||Faculty of Continuing Education and Extension |
Mount Royal University
|Schedule||Tuesday, 6:00-9:00 pm |
Thursday, 6:00-9:00 pm
Saturday, 9:00 am-4:30 pm
|127 hours over 11-week term|
|Offered in Fall 2017|
Fees include all course materials.
$3,150 (plus GST)
Note: Course dates and tuition costs are subject to change. Tuition costs may be different for international students.
For more information about both Enhanced Speaking Skills and Pathways for IEPs, click here.
You might also be interested in Enhanced Speaking Skills for IEPs.
For information about this program:
Mount Royal University, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW, Calgary AB T3E 6K6
Customize this program for your organization through our Corporate Training department.