Canada-Alberta Job Grant NEW!
Get 2/3 of your training costs covered, up to $10K per employee per fiscal year. We can help!
Employers: Do your people have some skill gaps?
Employees: Would you like some new job-ready skills?
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant can help you pay for Mount Royal University's exceptional programs and get your employees – and your organization – ready to succeed.
Continuing Education at MRU provides grant-eligible programs that will meet your training needs with a wide range of industry-recognized part-time and online certificates.
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant covers 2/3 of your training costs – up to $10,000 per employee per year. Employers can access up to $300,000 per fiscal year.
At a Glance
Eligible applicants (employers)
- All private and not-for-profit sector employers in Alberta
- New or existing employees that will fill current or future job vacancies
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents
Eligible training providers
- Mount Royal University is an eligible third-party training provider
Type of Training
- Must be incremental, meaning that the training is in addition to the employer's invested training, and would not have otherwise taken place
- Training can be online, part-time, full-time, on-site or in the classroom – must result in a credential – MRU offers all of these formats through Continuing Education and through Corporate Training
- 21-hour minimum course hours taken within 52 weeks from application approval. Ask us to help you bundle courses to meet the minimum!
- Tuition fees or instructional fees
- Mandatory student fees
- Examination fees
- Textbooks, software and other required materials
- 2 payments: 1/3 upon submission of expenses, 1/3 paid after training is complete
- Application must be approved and reference number issued before training can take place
Find more information, application forms, guidebooks and FAQs at AlbertaCanada.com/jobgrant
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant is an employer-driven training program. This means that employers decide on who gets training and what type of training may be needed for new and existing employees. Employers are required to use a third-party training provider to deliver the formal training either onsite, online, or in a classroom setting.
The Canada Job Grant is part of the Government of Canada and Government of Alberta’s commitment to help address skills mismatches and ensure that employees are being trained in high-demand areas.
We can help you bundle 21 hours of courses!
Choose the employee, choose the MRU program and apply today!
Employees - Use this letter template to request training from your employer!
Fill in the highlighted areas with your own information.