Dementia Care Certificate of Completion
Understand the complexity and develop the skills required to support the emotional, psychological, social and physical challenges experienced by persons with a dementia. Gain valuable insight and learn how to support dementia care patients and their families.
Note: This program was designed to provide experience for non-health care professionals and family caregivers to better understand the disease and the social complexities that come with caring for someone experiencing a dementia.
- Enhance your health and human service practice with a specialty in dementia care
- Prepare to work with dementia patients and their families
- Complete the 3 required courses (45 hours)
- Can be completed within 1 semester up to a maximum of 3 years
Examine this progressive neurological disorder through the lens of history, culture and medicine. Develop understanding of the emotional, psychological, social and physical challenges experienced by persons with a dementia – and their families – from current evidence-based research and practice.
|Subject code: XHHC 10105||15 Hours. Fee: $269|
|CRN 90498 ||Online||Sept. 7 - Oct. 5|
Caring for Older Adults
Examine principles of gerontology defined through medicine, nursing and the social sciences. Develop knowledge and understanding of the complex skills required for care of older adults experiencing a dementia.
|Subject code: XHHC 10106||15 Hours. Fee: $269|
|CRN 90499||Online||Oct. 17 - Nov. 14|
Caring for Families
Families are considered informal care givers to their loved ones as dementia is diagnosed and progresses. Develop knowledge of person-centered relational practice skills required by health care providers working with families and persons experiencing a dementia.
|Subject code: XHHC 10107||15 Hours. Fee: $269|
|CRN 90500||Online||Nov. 23 - Dec. 19|
- Check the technical requirements for using the Blackboard online learning platform prior to registering for any of the courses.
- Please log in to your Blackboard course on the official course start date and refer to your Course Outline for assignment due dates.
- The listed course hours indicate the estimated time for students to review the online learning units. Your actual time spent completing assignments may vary.
For information about this program:
403.440.6867 or 1.866.616.3606
Mount Royal University, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW, Calgary AB T3E 6K6
Customize this program for your organization through our Corporate Training department.