Full-time English Language Program
- A Designated Learning Institution (DLI Number O18761482032) by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- English Language Program is a Designated Learning Program and eligible to receive foreign nationals on a study permit
- Programs from high beginner to University entrance
- Nationally certified instructors
- Bridge into post-secondary credit studies
- Experience Canadian university life
- Work on campus while you study (some restrictions apply)
- Live in a vibrant city near the world famous Rocky Mountains
- NEW! Full Time Summer Term now available!
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- If you are under 18 years of age and have finished high school, you must have a legal custodian in Calgary. Contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for details. Your application is processed after we receive the proper custodian documents and original high school transcripts.
- Foundational English (high beginner to intermediate): Strengthen speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.
- Academic English (high intermediate to advanced): Build academic English skills before entering university, college or technical school. Graduates with an 80% average satisfy the English language proficiency requirement for degree, diploma and university transfer programs at Mount Royal University.
- English for Professional and Advanced Communication (high intermediate to low advanced): Refine language skills and develop vocabulary for oral fluency and expand understanding of Canadian culture.
- It takes approximately 3 months to finish one level.
- Take our placement test before classes start
- Placement test (3 hours) includes your listening, grammar, reading, vocabulary, writing, and speaking skills
- We assign you to a level based on your results
|Fall 2017||Sept. 19 - Dec. 7, 2017|
|Winter 2018||Jan. 8 - March 27, 2018|
|Spring 2018||April 9 - June 26, 2018|
|Summer 2018||July 4 - Sept. 14, 2018|
|Fall 2018||Sept. 19 - Dec. 7, 2018|
|Winter 2019||Jan. 7 - March 26, 2019|
|Spring 2019||April 3 - June 24, 2019|
|9-1:30 p.m.||Class time||Mon. Tue. Wed. Thu. Fri.|
|1:30-2:30 p.m.||Tutorial time||Mon. Tue. Wed. Thu.|
- Students currently enrolled in Academic English or English for Professional and Advanced Communication classes are eligible to take designated Academic Upgrading and Open Studies credit courses. You cannot take academic upgrading/credit classes that are at the same time as your full-time classes.
- Students must pass all areas of the previous level and receive an overall average of 80% or better to register in academic upgrading or credit classes.
- See more.
Information for AgentsFind out more information about being a recruiting agent for the Languages Institute.Who can I contact?E-Mail: email@example.com
Phone: 403.440.5100, 1.866.775.2673
Location: We Have Moved! Our new location is G208, Lincoln Park Campus, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW