Travel and Teach English
Give more purpose and meaning to your international travel by volunteering! This unique Travel and Teach English course provides foundational knowledge, skills, strategies, and tools to individuals who wish to volunteer teach English in international settings. With 100 hours of online instruction, including 60 hours of core modules related to English language teaching and learning, you can customize 40 hours of the course according to your travel destination. Choose either:
Travel and Teach English in Latin America, which includes a 20-hour module of Spanish for Travel and a 20-hour Introduction to Latin American Culture
Travel and Teach English in China, which includes a 20-hour module of Mandarin for Travel and a 20-hour Introduction to Chinese Culture
- Earn an internationally recognized university certificate of completion
- Study from the comfort of your own home at your own pace
- Learn about English as a system of communication
- Discover how culture affects teaching and learning
- Develop engaging ways to teach language skills
- Design effective lesson plans for teaching English
- Orient yourself to the language and culture of your travel destination
- Start the course on the first day of any month
- Full-Time: Complete the course in as little as 4 weeks
- Part-Time: Take up to 12 months to complete the course
- Compromised of 5 self-paced 20-hour modules
- Spanish for Travel OR Mandarin for Travel
- Introduction to Latin American Culture OR Introduction to Chinese Culture
This course is not running during Fall 2017. Please check back soon for our Winter schedule.
Course Fee: $750 + GST
For more information about the course, contact us by email email@example.com or phone 403-440-6885.
For help with registration, call 403-440-3833 or 1-877-287-8001 (toll-free).