Education Assistant Certificate
Begin a rewarding career in the field of education! Our education assistant program give you an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in a child's life in this growing field. This program prepares you for the social and educational benefits of working in diverse and inclusive classrooms while gaining real-life experience through supervised K-12 practicum placements.
Graduates of our Education Assistant Certificate are qualified to seek employment in a variety of sectors, including public schools, private schools, charter schools and other learning institutions.
Education assistants’ earnings vary depending on location and area. Nearly 14,000 Albertans are employed as educational assistants. According to the Alberta Occupational Profiles, education assistants in Alberta earned an average of $21.18 per hour.
Train to the highest standards
Our grads are sought after in a variety of education sectors.
Earn a university credential
Your certificate is issued by Mount Royal University, a respected Canadian post-secondary institution.
Experience campus life
Benefit from small class sizes, a tight-knit student community, expert instructors and a dedicated program team while experiencing the amenities and services of a university.
Gain real-life experience
Connect with employers through field experience in a K-12 classroom.
Education Assistant courses have transferability into Mount Royal's Bachelor of Education - Elementary. Upon gaining admission into the degree program, you may transfer your completed courses from the Education Assistant Certificate for course credit in the degree program.
- Study full-time
- Complete the 8 courses including field experience in a K-12 classroom
- Can be completed within 8.5 months
|Tuition||Textbooks and Supplies (approx.)||Additional Costs|
|Total||$6,525||$500||Incidental expenses and travel to and from required field placements should also be expected.|
This program is currently not eligible for provincial or federal government student loans or scholarships. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- You must apply for admission to this program.
- A Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search is required by schools for field experience and practicum. Please see the Admission section or contact email@example.com for more information.
- Each province has its own licensing regulations governing work in education. Research the necessary certification in your province of residence. Employment as an education assistant in Alberta is not subject to provincial regulation.